To book a perfect itinerary, you need to put into consideration different things. In the first place, you have to know the type of accommodation that you will use. Accommodation determines the whole cost of the itinerary.
There are different types of accommodation options that you may use when you are booking your itinerary. We use the terms ‘Standard’, ‘Superior’ and ‘First Class’ to describe the different levels of accommodation available to choose from, according to your budget and preferences. All of them have different rating and they are going for different prices. It is good to match your budget with the best option that will give you a chance to enjoy good pricing of the itineraries.
We have carefully selected a range of preferred hotels in each region for all three categories offered, to ensure that you have an enjoyable and comfortable stay whilst travelling throughout New Zealand. The international ‘star’ rating is used to give you an indication of levels of luxury and service you can expect at the various hotels throughout the country.
All accommodation included in our itineraries is based on sharing a twin room with private facilities unless otherwise indicated. Single rooms are available but the higher single price must be paid. In addition, all accommodation in our itineraries are based on “Run of House” rooms, unless specifically mentioned otherwise. Hotel management makes all room assignments and we have no control over which room may be allocated. If the featured hotel is unavailable, we reserves the right to substitute hotel accommodations of a similar grade.
You Have the Following Accommodation Options for the Tour Packages:
First Class Hotel
First Class are central city or resort location hotels at the top end of the scale rating 4 to 41/2 stars. All hotels at this level have excellent facilities, bars and restaurants etc, full services, and many feature swimming pool, spa baths, and fully equipped gymnasium for the enjoyment of guests.
Superior describes hotels in the 31/2 to 4-star category. More often than not, these will be centrally located and offering a wide range of services and facilities.
Standard is equivalent to a good 3-star tourist hotel. These hotels represent excellent value for money and usually have a licensed restaurant and bar on the premises.
‘Simply the Best’ – each luxury lodge is unique in its own right offering the best in location, service, quality and showcasing New Zealand’s food and wine. All include breakfast and many include dinner either in the tariff or by pre-arrangement at a small additional cost.
Boutique Hotels/Bed and Breakfasts
We have many unique 5 star small hotels and home-hosted bed and breakfasts that offer exceptional service and quality. These all include breakfast daily and again, many do include dinner on request (for an additional charge).
Accommodation options for Adventure Tours
– A spacious, shared tent is included in the price (sharing with one other person of a similar age/same sex). For those travelling together you will get your own private tent. The tents are actually designed for 3 people so there’s plenty of room to stretch out.
– You can upgrade to have the tent to yourself for a small fee
– You can upgrade to cabins most nights for a small fee. You will be able to decide on the day and its a great option if you fancy treating yourself for a few extra $s. It also ensures that you dont need to worry about unpredictable weather. If you would like to book any upgrades prior to the trip then no problem – just let our office know and they can sort this for you for a small service fee (NZ$20).
– Tents are easy to put up (even for those who haven’t camped before) and our friendly guides are always there to give you a helping hand
– Comfy mattresses are included to ensure a great nights rest
– There are many great sites where we spend 2 nights and 3 days giving you more time to explore the best areas
– For those doing the longer trips there are a few nights where we visit the major cities (Auckland, Wellington, Queenstown). In some of these places we will help arrange accommodation in a centrally located hostel to give you the chance to explore the city and enjoy a big night out for those that are keen.
– Our customised vehicles have a trailer behind with all equipment – kitchen, sports gear, tents and much more so we are self sufficient as we explore the best parts of New Zealand.
For more accommodation options please check out our details in each itinerary.